Friday, August 29, 2008

Strangest thing I've seen in Pitt - oops I mean the Burgh since moving here

Okay - so I realize we have some very, shall we say, interesting sights in Los Angeles but this sighting in Pittsburgh took the cake as far as I'm concerned. So here's the scene, Miguel and I are in the Prius on our way home from brunch driving through a neighborhood we weren't familiar with. Just an aside, GPS is a very interesting technology but sometimes you just wonder - "Where the heck is she taking us????" - which is what we were thinking at the time.

Anyhow, so here we are driving up this street and ahead of us I can see something in the road - I asked Miguel what it is and he says "I think it's a peacock." "A Peacock?!" I exclaim -not believing it possible. As we get closer we think this is one ugly peacock - and alas we exclaim in unison "Its a TURKEY!".


So that's him (or her as I can't tell the difference) - not a bad picture considering it was taken through the window of the car!

Okay, so enough about turkeys. Not much has been happening lately - we are both back to our normal work schedules so adventures are few recently. Miguel did find himself a local coffee shop to frequent called Crazy Mocha. Unlike CA, there isn't a Starbucks on every corner here - instead there is a little dive bar on every corner and I am not kidding about that - these Pittsburghers love their suds! Here is a pic of Miguel at the shop on a Sunday morning and yes their logo is a goat drinking coffee - nothing crazier than that right?

No comments: