Sunday, September 28, 2008

New York (continued)

Okay, so on we go! I left off in Central Park but I wasn't done yet. We spent most of the afternoon there and after watching THOTH perform we kept walking up through Strawberry Fields. A tribute to John Lennon:


There was a guy in the park that had decorated the "Imagine" mural with rose petals - apparently he had a little too much time on his hands!

Further into the park we came accross some beautiful views:

Overall, a beautiful afternoon in Central Park - I'd love to have spent more time there but there will be future trips. We did an enormous amount of walking that day so of course, we were ready for a BIG dinner! Come on, you didn't think I'd go this long on my blog without talking about food, did you????

Our evening meal was decided to be BBQ! Let me just tell you, Pittsburgh does NOT know barbecue! I have looked online at various places in town here and none of them has what I consider personally, to be true barbecue and that is BEEF RIBS! Don't give me those puny baby back or spare ribs - I want something I can sink my teeth into! So, New York did me justice! We went to Blue Smoke BBQ which was AWESOME! Also, I had the GREAT pleasure of meeting Heidi's boyfriend, Paul, who I must thank immensely as he treated us to dinner that evening - what a gentleman! We started off with a cocktail at the bar while waiting for our table - the restaurant was packed! Once we got to our table we perused the menu. Here's what we got:

The coveted beef ribs take the forefront with a mixture of BBQ meats in the rear (pork ribs, chicken and something else - can't remember cause all I wanted was my beef!)

The sweet potato fries were amazing and served with a maple dipping sauce - scrumptious!

Some baked beans and collards to finish off the meal and get our veggies in!And a not-so-flattering picture of me diggin in!!!

That finished off our evening. We returned to Heidi's house after that for some wine and conversation.


No comments: