Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend Outings in Pennsylvania

Friday, I was on my own to adventure. I had some errands to run so I went over to the Waterfront shopping center. I discovered that they had a little bridge that goes down to the shore of the Monongaheela River with a trail that follows alongside the river.

This is a view from the bridge to the Waterfront Shopping center.

This is a view from the bridge walking toward the river trail.


This is part of the trail - it's lovely and shaded - lined with trees.


Here is a view of The Mon (that's what they call it in Pittsburgh) through the trees.

On Saturday, Miguel had a scrimmage to go to so I was alone for the afternoon and decided to go and see Mamma Mia - the sing along version! It was great - the only thing that would have made it better was if I was in California seeing it with some of my best girlfriends (you know who you are!) Saturday night we ventured out in Southside looking for yet another restaurant to be disappointed by. Luckily we found a restaurant that wasn't terribly disappointing but our waitress was on another planet so that made it a little iffy. Unfortunately I forgot to take pics of the food but next time. I seem to only be inspired to take pictures when the food is really good - this one wasn't worthy. It was Italian food - which is supposed to be great here but again, not impressed. Here is pic of Miguel sitting at the table.


No comments: